Prusa MK4 Printer Self-Assembly 3D Printer Kit
Prusa MK4 Printer Self-Assembly 3D Printer Kit
This is a self-assembly kit, containing all parts required to build the Prusa MK4 3D printer. Customers should be comfortable assembling this machine from scratch. Unsure? We also supply the MK4 fully assembled.
The MK4 provides high-speed 3D printing with ease and is ever so reliable like all Original Prusa 3D printers. It has all the best features of the popular MK3 – an open-source 3D printing workhorse with easy maintenance and advanced safety features – and adds much more!
The MK4 will consistently deliver a perfect smooth first layer thanks to the Loadcell sensor (no manual adjustments needed). The next-gen extruder (Nextruder) and 32-bit connected platform provide many quality-of-life improvements like remote printing, quick-swap nozzles, and customizable UI with a one-click printing option.
Smooth PEI print sheet included. This is a black/orange colour printer.
Original Prusa MK4 is built around our new 32-bit connected architecture and the next-generation extruder (Nextruder). It lays down a perfect first layer every time without Live Adjust Z and it has support for high-speed printing with Input Shaper and Pressure Advance. We also improved the safety features even further. Plus, there are a ton of useful things, such as quick-swap nozzles, built-in support for remote printing and webcams, and many more. And it’s still beautifully quiet.
- The successor to the award-winning 3D printing workhorse Original Prusa MK3
- Effortlessly fast and silent 3D printing. Check out the sub-20 minutes Benchy video on MK4!
- Fully automatic first layer calibration thanks to the Load Cell sensor
- Print right out of the box - no print sheets profiles, no tinkering, no Live Adjust Z!
- Nextruder – our new extruder with a custom breakout board and smart features
- Safety features like filament sensor and power panic that won't let you down
- Easy maintenance, quick-swap nozzles, and removable print sheets
- Support for a wide range of materials, incl. PLA, PETG, Flex, Nylon, ASA, PVA, PC, PP, composites and more
- Color LCD screen with simple-to-navigate UI and quick access to all important functions
- Ethernet and Wi-fi connection
- Made in the EU, hassle-free warranty, 24/7 live chat support
Thanks to our own implementation of Input Shaper and Pressure Advance technologies in the MK4’s firmware, the printer can eliminate resonance in prints and predict the flow of the filament. The result is a decrease in print time by up to 70% compared to MK3. What's more, the printer is very quiet even at these speeds - check out the sub-20-minute Benchy video. Support for high-speed printing is just around the corner via a firmware update - read the blog post here.
Thanks to the precise Loadcell sensor, MK4 can lay down a perfectly smooth and consistent first layer automatically without any user input. At the beginning of a print, the printer taps the sheet with the nozzle in a grid-like pattern to measure the distance and then calculates the correct offsets. The result is a perfect first layer on every surface, without manual adjustments.
Extruder is the heart of every 3D printer. And this is a special one. On most 3D printers today, replacing extruder components is a rather complicated process. With the new connector break-out board inside the Nextruder, all of the parts, such as fans, heaters, thermistors, etc., are connected directly there. If you need to swap anything, it takes just a minute.
Our new xBuddy board is a 32-bit STM32-powered mainboard with many great features. It has several unique hardware-based safety protection systems, communicates with four thermistors, has all important ports (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, works with USB-A flash drives) and more. The entire board was designed, manufactured, and tested in-house.
The MK4 comes with redesigned, more robust plastic parts and new precise 0.9° stepper motors (0.9° / step; low inductance) on the X and Y axes that help eliminate Vertical Fine Artifacts on prints. Plus, there are thicker 10mm rods on the Z-axis. The result is, that prints look better than ever and even printing with “problematic” filaments like Flex is a breeze.
MK4’s display supports G-code thumbnails, QR codes and other elements that make using the printer so much easier. We also redesigned many of the existing menus and added a customizable footer panel. Directly under the LCD, there is an RGB status bar to signalize the current status of the printer. Next to the LCD, there’s a USB-A port for standard USB flash drives.
Thanks to two quick-release thumbscrews on the side of the body of Nextruder, which holds the nozzle in place, you can swap nozzles easier than ever. The MK4 is using special nozzles with an all-metal filament guide (no PTFE tubes anywhere), which improves the overall reliability of the printer. Simple Nextruder-to-V6 adapter is available.
|Build Volume||250 x 210 x 220 mm | 9.84 x 8.3 x 8.6 in|
|Filament diameter>||1.75 mm|
|Layer height||0.05-0.30 mm|
|Mainboard||Custom 32-bit xBuddy electronics with STM32|
|Stepper Drivers||Trinamic 2130|
|Stepper motors||Precise 0.9° X,Y stepper motors (prevents VFA)|
|Extruder||Nextruder, Direct Drive, E3D V6 compatible (with adapter)|
|Extruder electronics||Custom breakout board for connecting fans, thermistors and other parts.|
|Filament path||Aluminum heatsink, all-metal hotend, no PTFE tube|
|Drive system||Nextruder Planetary Gear System, 10:1 gearbox ratio|
0.4mm (default) / other nozzle diameters supported
|Max nozzle temperature||300 °C / 572 °F|
|Max heatbed temperature||120 °C / 248 °F|
|LCD screen||3.5″ graphic 65k color screen|
|Connectivity||LAN, Optional ESP Wi-Fi module (delivered with the printer)|
|Print medium||USB drive / LAN / internet via Prusa Connect|
|Advanced sensors||Filament sensor, Loadcell sensor, Power panic, 4 high-precision thermistors (genuine Semitec) + fan motors RPM monitoring|
|Print surface||Magnetic heatbed with removable PEI spring steel sheets|
|Bed calibration||Automatic, Mesh Bed Leveling (only on print area)|
|Supported materials||PLA, PETG, ABS, ASA, Flex, HIPS, PA, PVA, PC, PP, CPE, PVB, NGEN, composites and more|
|Printer dimensions (without spool)||7 kg, 500×550×400 mm; 19.6×21.6×15.7 in (X×Y×Z)|
|PSU||240W, custom made by Delta with Power Panic HW|
|Power consumption||PLA settings: 80W / ABS settings: 120W|
* Consumable parts, such as print sheets (smooth, textured, etc.), are not covered by the warranty since their coatings are expected to deteriorate over time, unless the failure is due to a defect in materials or workmanship. Cosmetic damage, which includes, but is not limited to, scratches, dents, cracks, or other aesthetic damage, is also not covered. Only sheets defective upon delivery are covered by the warranty.
Basic package includes:
- Original Prusa MK4 Assembled 3D printer
- Double-sided Smooth PEI Print Sheet
- 1kg of Prusament PLA Galaxy Black
- 3D Printing Handbook
- USB drive with sample prints (G-codes)
- Toolset: Uni-wrench, 13-16 wrench, Philips screwdriver, Nose pliers, Allen and torx keys
- Alcohol-saturated wipes, acupuncture needle
- Spare parts package
- Prusa lubricant for bearings
- A pack of Haribo gummy bears
- Manufacturing protocol